Thursday, April 12, 2012

Lots of Walks, Peanut Butter Granola & A Sun Run


Hello, peanut butter granola via Instagram! It doesn't look very tasty with the crazy filter altering the colour, but this peanut butter granola was super yummy. It is especially delicious sprinkled over honey Greek yogurt with fresh sliced strawberries! This is how I made it:

2 cups oats (I use the Rogers brand)
1 cup peanut butter (I use natural peanut butter)
2 tbsp. chia seeds (optional)
4 tbsp. chocolate protein powder (optional, but good for some sneaky protein!)
Water as needed

Take all dry ingredients and place in a bowl. In a microwave-safe container, heat your peanut butter for about a minute or so, or until melted. This will make it easier to stir into your dry ingredients. Then, add PB and add water (if necessary) to ease stirring. Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes (until crispy, at least) at 350. Note: Make sure to stir the granola every so often to prevent burning.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

Now, onto some exciting things...


Sunday fun day, 10K run day!

My game plan:
- Don't go out too fast
- Run the tangents
- Reserve some energy for the last mile to really pick it up, especially when that finish line looms closer and closer in front of me!

It would be nice to do some faster pick ups during the run to keep a speedy pace, but I'd probably be distracted by everything happening and totally put that on the back burner. We'll see. I have a feeling that if I try that on race day there's a bigger chance that I'll be fatigued towards the end - not what ya want!


I headed to the expo before school tonight to grab my race bib, t-shirt & all the free stuff. I mean, technically it's not free since I paid a registration fee for this race (that's what my mom brought up anyway. Why you so smaaaart, mom?), but I like to tell myself that. I wasn't expecting free granola bars! Sheesh. I actually picked up two granola bars, an apple (in my belly), banana (in my belly) and a ton of free magazines and flyers. It was certainly nice being able to sample smoothies, protein drinks/protein bites (chocolate, too), and energy bites. So good, so fun, and I am so excited!

Since my last run, I have mainly focused on walking. Actually that's a lie - I won't try to pull a fast one on you guys. I have been feeling a little lazy this week (ahem, ladies, you know), but I also don't want to have a high mileage this week and then be running on tired legs once the Sun Run comes around this Sunday. So, I am taking it easy besides a few easy miles (maybe) between now and then. We'll see if my bed wins again tomorrow morning. It's just so waaaarm.


1 comment:

  1. I like how you inform everyone of the current foods in your belly lol

    ReplyDelete