Friday, April 20, 2012

The Plague, Tapering & FroYo Cures Everything


So, I have this head cold/allergy thing that is currently kicking my ass. Will I let that bring me down? No, but I will use it as an excuse to snack on cereal and sleep in (because that totally makes sense). It kicked in yesterday at work and then progressively got worse while I was at school. Then I woke up this morning feeling like death. Seriously, death with a heartbeat (because that, too, makes sense). Anyway, I told Brandon last night, "Yeah, I'm probably going to take tomorrow off running, because I'm not feeling well at all. Or maybe I'll just do two easy miles. Or maybe I just won't run." He emphasized probably. "You probably will? No, you probably will run tomorrow." However, I couldn't drag my sorry ass out of bed this morning onto the treadmill. I think my body is asking for a break, and so a break it will get!

It will also get a bowl of frozen yogurt on the way home from work, where I was sent home early for being a sick and dying mess.

 

It looks (kinda) unappetizing above, buuuut trust me guys. I love me some froyo & this tasted amazing!
 
In the mix: 1/2 Greek yogurt, 1/2 pistachio (so good).
A few cookie dough crumbles & cheesecake bits <--- I wasn't sure about this at first, so I didn't load up. Now I am wishing I did because both were so good.
Oh Henry bar crumbles, lots of blueberries, mango

And because this is a fitness blog too, here is what I have done in the past few days workout-wise. Nothing too strenuous. I thought about doing some abs tonight, but I ended up finishing two school assignments instead. At least I was being productive.
 


I am going to take another day off running tomorrow as well. Technically I should be tapering since my half marathon is two weeks Sunday! Holy moly that went by so fast! Anyway, I will be reducing my mileage between now and then, and I will be keeping my runs in the low-ish single digits. I really don't want to burn myself out with this cold and running too much when I need to be well rested and prepared for May 6th. The start time of the half marathon is 7AM! Aye, aye, aye. Makes me tired just thinking about it.

Or I'm just tired. I think I'm just tired.


Stay well, everyone! Thanks for listening to me complain ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment