Sunday, October 30, 2016

Recipe: Buddha Bowl for the Soul



Alright folks, we are nearing the end of Blogtober so I figured it was time to share a warm and comforting bowl of deliciousness that is a tasty lunch or dinner. The nights are getting chillier and it's about this time where I feel more inclined for comfort food dishes. However, some comfort foods aren't exactly the healthiest. Although I'd like to eat pasta every night for dinner, I know it would leave me feeling groggy.

I made this the other night for dinner and (shockingly) it was a hit. Ryan typically isn't a huge fan of the "hippie granola" things I make, though he added a little twist to his Buddha bowl to make it more his style. Of course, the whole idea was the same, but you can truly customize this according to your liking.

Ingredients you will need:

1/2 cup - 1 cup quinoa or rice
Sauteed kale (or a green of your choice)
Sauteed purple cabbage
Roasted beets
Roasted carrots
A touch of roasted yellow onion
1 scoop of kimchi (or sauerkraut)
1/2 cup chickpeas
(I warmed mine up in the oven for about 5 minutes with some garlic powder, salt & pepper)

For the dressing:

Add as many of these ingredients to your liking.
- Raw apple cider vinegar
- Tamari
- Water (to thin out)
- Nutritional yeast
- Garlic (I used two cloves)

Blend it all up and pour over your bowl. Once everything was plated, it looked something like this:


I ended up making two more servings of this to take to work for an easy lunch. It is filled with healthy fats, good carbs & protein from both the quinoa and chickpeas. You can use any protein of your liking, and can swap out the roasted beets for sweet potato or squash, if you like. It really is super easy to make your own, so feel free to experiment!

---

I hope you all enjoyed! Let me know if you try the recipe or if you have a go-to Buddha bowl combination : )

No comments:

Post a Comment