Saturday, October 29, 2016

The Peppermint Tea Obsession is REAL!


SOOO. If you haven't guessed, I am having a love affair with peppermint tea. Yes, I'm still a coffee fan. Yes, I love me some hot chocolate on a cold winter's night, but lately I have been totally into peppermint tea.

I chatted about a few reasons why I love it in my post with five tips to kill the bloat, but I wanted to elaborate and show you what I have been drinking & some honorable mentions.

So why peppermint? Peppermint is caffeine free, so it's perfect to drink before bed. It can help with digestion, reduce bloating, and is extremely calming. Plus, the smell of peppermint can be both uplifting and relaxing.

Some other benefits:

- Reduce inflammation
- Calming for the digestive system
- Reduces the chances of sickness/nausea
- Antibacterial, excellent at killing germs
- Supports the immune system
- Can help suppress appetite
- Provides relief for stomach cramps, gas, and stomach discomfort
- Helps relieve mental stress

That being said, here's some that I keep in my tea arsenal:


 While I try to stick to organic teas as much as possible, Tetley has been my go to. I may or may not have one in my filing cabinet work as well so I can have peppermint tea all day every day at work.


You also can't go wrong with some good ol' DavidsTea. This one is a combination of green tea and peppermint and has some spices such as ginger and fennel as well. Super tasty and lots of health benefits with the addition of these healing spices.


I reserve this one for the holiday time as it has hints of white chocolate and spearmint. It is super festive for Christmas and is an old favourite from a year or so ago.

---

Are you a tea fan? What's your favourite kind? Any I should try!?

No comments:

Post a Comment